Summer Cocktails

Yes summer is here with the passing of the first holiday weekend and schools being out I thought it was a good time to provide a few ideas for Summer Cocktails.


This is not the first post on this topic here at MySideOfTheBar and here is the link

The Good Ole Summer Time

To see other recipes

For this year’s drinks I wanted to have some that contain alcohol that you would normally not think of for your summer cocktail enjoyment. I know you are getting thirsty (at least I am) so here they are.

A Telling Tale



Recipe:2 oz. Four Roses Bourbon
1/2 oz. Campari
1/2 oz. Grenadine
7 Mint Leaves
1/2 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
2 oz. Sparkling Wine
Combine all indredients except the sparkling wine in a shaker and shake with ice. Strain into a ice filled glass (or not) and top with sparkling wine. Garnish with another mint leave

Brandy Cobbler



Recipe:2 oz. Cognac
1/2 oz. Water
3/4 oz. Raspberry Syrup
2 Slices Lemon
1 Raspberry
Combine all ingredients in a shaker and fill with ice cubes. Shake vigorously to crush and combine the fruit. Strain into a highball/rocks glass. Garnish with mint sprig, lemon and orange wheels.

Terry's Kansas City Ice Water


Recipe:
1 oz. Burnett's Gin 
1 oz. Burnett's Vodka
Splash of Rose's Lime Juice
Diet Lemon/Lime Soda (I make my own using my SodaStream)

Mix all ingredients in a highball/rocks glass and garnish with a cucumber

The Negroni

Recipe:
1 oz. Gin
1 oz. Campari
1 oz Sweet Vermouth
Grapefruit Juice

Combine all ingredients in a highball/rocks glass with ice and stir. Garnish with a lemon or lime

Diet Citrus Green Tea and Vodka - my goto summer drink

Recipe:
Diet Citrus Gree Tea (I make my own using my SodaStream)
Vodka

Combine ingredients in a highball/rocks glass with ice. Garnish, none.

There you have it a few drinks to start your summer off right!

Cheers
The Professor


This is the final update on this process and if you recall in the last update, the color of the Bourbon was about where it should be and I added some water to the barrel. Well as you can see by the picture the finished product is actually very light and the angels again took their share.


However the taste is great and alive with vanilla caramel flavor. If you are a Usual Suspect at MySideOfTheBar track me down for a taste.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding the Rails, Clickety Clack

Cigar Infusion

The Key West Cocktail Challenge