Pierponts Kansas City

As I have said before it is not often I am surprised by the combination of ambiance and excellence, but this past weekend I could not have been more surprised if I would have woke up with my head sewn to the carpet.


From the moment you walk through the door you believe you walked back in time to the 1930’s in either New York or Paris. The décor is absolutely a throwback and looks every bit as good as it did back in the early 1900’s.

Pierponts is located in the Historic Union Station which is itself a must see the next time you are out and about in Kansas City and there are many other things to do just a short walk from Union Station.

Central Patti and I had wanted to try Pierponts for a few years and it seemed the time was about right. Given the nostalgia and my drinking patterns I had to try a Manhattan and while it was not the best I have ever had it was still very good.


We ordered the Morel Mushrooms for an appetizer, something neither of us had tried before and they were very good, although I am not sure why people tramp through the woods to find them when you can order them easy enough.

For the entre Central Patti had the Walnut and Pear salad and a bowl of Blue Crab and Sweet Corn Bisque. I had, what else, the steak special. It was a 22 oz strip steak and was not only cooked to perfection, but also a very good cut of meat.

The prices here are very modest and our entire bill was inexpensive despite several drinks and glasses of wine.

We highly recommend Pierponts as one of the better fine dining establishments in KC and will add this to one of our regular hangouts.

Cheers
The Professor

Aged Whisky Update:
For those of you that follow MySideOfTheBar you know that I have an experiment with aging Whisky. After two weeks we both sampled the product and as you can see in the photo it has already taken on a nice color. On the nose you could definitely tell it had caramel hints and to taste it was much smoother.




Now for the bad news, the Angels had took about one third of the product and I hoped they enjoyed it. I am going to let it go a couple of more weeks before sampling again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cigar Infusion

Riding the Rails, Clickety Clack

The Key West Cocktail Challenge