A Simple Day

One of the best things about spending a day at MySideOfTheBar (or YourSideOfTheBar) is enjoying the simple things. I had a most enjoyable day without doing much of anything.

The weather was most agreeable so I pulled out a chair on the patio and sat in the sun. I put a torch to a fine cigar, poured a glass of Four Roses Bourbon and listened to some find tunes on my Ipod from a group I discovered on Twitter.

While relaxing I also took the time to catch up on some reading. If you have not read "The Fine Art of Mixing Drinks" by David Embury, I highly recommend it and if you are an amateur mixoligist like myself this is essential for your cocktail library.

As you are reading there is no mystery here. I simply imbibed in a few of the things I do on a regular occasions. The only difference was I took a moment to reflect and appreciate them. It was the perfect storm for relaxation and a simple day. All to often we do not take the time to digest the really simple things and take for granted items that we have around us letting them run past without absorbing them.

Here are a few links for the above.

Music - From Midnight On
Cigar - Arturo Fuente 858 (Compliments of S.M.)
Bourbon - Four Roses
Book - The Fine Art of Mixing Drinks
Weather - Fill in your choice of responsibility :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding the Rails, Clickety Clack

Cigar Infusion

The Key West Cocktail Challenge