The Transgression Part II

In case you missed Part I - The Transgression Part I


We ordered another round and my new friend continued.

We talked about God's grace, and all the hell we raised

We talked an hour or two, 'bout every girl we knew
What all we put them through, like two boys will do

In my days as a young man in the late 70’s I frequented gentlemen’s clubs.  I spent so many late afternoons and evenings at one club in particular I got to know the bartenders, doormen, bouncers, the two owners and yes the performers.(the did not like the name strippers, but more on that later)

Do not go jumping to conclusions, he continued, the girls who performed were really only interested in customers, as well, customers. Meaning they worked for tips. At least in the beginning. Sure they were nice and sure they treated me great and sure they were absolutely beautiful, but remember, as I just said they worked for tips. So the nicer they treated you the bigger the tip. While I spent a large amount of my entertainment dollars in this club I was having a great time. Looking back I now realize that at time I was incapable of having a “normal” relationship with a girl.  The reason being was a recent breakup with the girl of my dreams. My high school sweetheart of four years and the first girl I was every intimate with. We were so close during our four year courtship that when we broke up on graduation night it was devastating to me an I was convinced I would never love again. The breakup was really no ones fault, just simply the direction of careers vs. college. I has a job waiting for me in a new town as a machinist and she was off to a college on the west coast. 

Another round arrived out of nowhere and we noticed we had gained two more listeners to the story.

He continued, I settled into my new town, job and routine of working eight to ten hours a day not really making any friends or having any hobbies. I started to go to the gentlemen’s clubs for something to do and found them to be a friendly place to hang out. I enjoyed being there so much I started to spend four to eight hours a night there. Sometimes barley getting home before it was time to go back to work. I lived bar pizza, happy hors devours and beer.

My new friend decided he needed a smoke and had to go out on the patio so I decided to join him for a smoke myself. The new listeners  promised another round when we returned.

“What is your name,” I asked?

“Tom,” was his reply.

We pondered life and death, he lit a cigarette
Said these damn things will kill me yet
But God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy

This has been part two of the Transgression. Log on next month for the next installment!

Cheers
The Professor

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cigar Infusion

Riding the Rails, Clickety Clack

The Key West Cocktail Challenge