The Bronx Cocktail

I was reading (for the second time) A Classic Novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald, "This Side of Paradise." The protagonist, Amory Blaine, on one of his benders went into a bar and ordered a Bronx. Of course having the inquiring mind that I do I had to find out if this was a real cocktail and if it were how to make one.


I really should have not been surprised considering the time period of this novel that this cocktail contained Gin. I have to say I was really surprised how good this was and I will be making them again.  For the Gin I chose Hayman's Old Tom Gin as it is a little sweeter.

The Bronx
Ingredients:

1 1/2 ounces gin
1/4 ounce dry vermouth
1/4 ounce sweet vermouth
3/4 ounce orange juice
Orange slice, to garnish
Directions:
Shake the gin, dry vermouth, sweet vermouth and orange juice in a cocktail shaker with ice.
Strain the contents of the shaker into a chilled martini glass.
Garnish with the orange slice and serve.

Cheers
The Professor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cigar Infusion

Riding the Rails, Clickety Clack

The Key West Cocktail Challenge