Christmas Gift Ideas 2013

I was going to take the rest of the Holiday Season off from blogging and just use my Twitter feeds, @mysideofthebar and @mysideofthesmok to bring you Holiday Gift Ideas, however I have been inundated with request for gift ideas for the Usual Suspects at YourSideOfTheBar so here it goes.

First here are some links from previous posts on this topic

2012  Christmas Gifts for Your Usual Suspects
2012 More Christmas Ideas
2011 Christmas Gift Ideas
2010 Christmas Ideas for your Bar Friends Part I 
2010 Christmas Ideas for your Bar Friends Part II

So for this year you may see some repeats, but that is OK

Portable Ice Maker


I realize this is on the expensive side (about 150.00 USD) however they work great and I know several people that use them and I have even given a couple away myself. The great thing about these types of ice makers is they require no installation and no drain. They produces ice in as little as 10 minutes.
 and can produces up to 28 pounds of bullet shaped ice per day. They can stores 2 ½ pounds at one time.
and makes 3 different ice cube sizes.

Books for the Cocktail Library

 I believe I have previously dedicated an entire blog to this topic, but here are a few I have in my library that prove to be invaluable.

To Have and Have Another, a must have for every Hemingway/Drinking Fan



 The Fine Art of Mixing Drinks


 This book coves not only all types of cocktails from simple to classic, but also has a lot of historical information on mixology.

The Ultimate Bar Book


This book is the first and only guide to classic and new drink recipes. Loaded with essential-to-know topics such as barware, tools, and mixing tips, this book has it all.

Cocktail Sets


I have blogged on these before and you can buy sets around the holidays already put together, however I would recommend putting your own together and the reason is this.

Most mixoligist need a minimum of two shakers and it is nice to have a uniform set where the tops and bottoms are interchangeable as you mix cocktails for your Usual Suspects you are constantly washing up shakers and it is nice to not have to mix and match tops and bottoms as you apply your craft.

I would also include two measuring devices and I really prefer the stainless steel type


I like the stainless steel types as opposed to the glass types as they do not break and as I have stated in another post I do not like the jiggers with  handles.

You have to also consider including a muddler, a strainer, and I would even through in a few packages of cocktail napkins and a few olives, cherries or other garnishes.

These are just a very few suggestions, but along with my other posts you should have plenty of ideas for your Usual Suspects.

Cheers
The Professor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding the Rails, Clickety Clack

Cigar Infusion

The Key West Cocktail Challenge