The Cocktail Challenge

As long as I am out an about as often as I am exploring new pubs, bars and night clubs I decided to start The Cocktail Challenge.

The gist of this challenge is that when I go in a bar I order a cocktail that is either very common or not common at all to challenge the bartenders.

My fist stop on the challenge this year was The Drum Room, located in the Hotel President between the Power and Light and downtown.


The challenge for the bartender at the Drum Room was a Vodka Gimlet

1 oz lime juice
1 1/2 oz vodka
1 tsp powdered sugar
Garnish with a lime wedge

As you can see this is a relativity easy recipe and I am happy to report that the bartender at the Drum Room was up to the challenge.

Side Note: The atmosphere at the Drum Room is very relaxed and easy going. Central Patti and I did stay for dinner at the restaurant located down stairs from the bar, The Providence. The food was very good with small manageable portions.

Cheers
The Professor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding the Rails, Clickety Clack

Cigar Infusion

The Key West Cocktail Challenge