Kentucky Mountain Spring

Most of you that follow this blog know that I am a huge Ernest Hemingway fan. I have read all of his works and have even branched out to other works that include his works. Recently I have been engrossed in "To Have and Have Another; a Hemingway Cocktail Companion" by Philip Greene.



One of the libations that Hemingway enjoyed is included in the pages of this must have read for every mixologist and Hemingway fan.

The Scottish Mountain Spring. I put my own twist on this and came up with the Kentucky Mountain Spring. I really enjoy Four Roses Bourbon so this combination is not only a natural, but also very easy to make.

Take a jigger of Bourbon and add to it 1 - 2 jiggers of water. The put the glass in the freezer for a couple of hours. By looking at the picture you will see how it got its name.



You can make many variations on this Cocktail, such as the Irish Mountain Spring, the Russian Mountain Spring, The Tennessee Country Spring etc.

Enjoy

Cheers
The Professor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding the Rails, Clickety Clack

Cigar Infusion

The Key West Cocktail Challenge