Beavers at the Dam

As most of you know I have spent a large amount of time at the lake (ATL) this summer, hey why not I am retired after all. One of the many bars I have visited this year was Beavers at the Dam.



I am not going to give you the complete history of Beavers as you can read for yourself by following the above link. What I will tell you is that it is well worth a visit for a real lake bar experience.

In a nutshell, the docks are very good, the atmosphere is excellent (including the indoor bar) and the food far above average for lake food. Speaking of lake food I have noticed this summer one common thread in the lake bars I have been to is that the food quality has really improved over the past years.


I attended with a gang of Usual Suspects and one of the reasons we choose beavers was two of us really had a craving for fried shrimp! It seems a pattern has formed this summer that if someone mentions a food item a craving for this item is almost overwhelming. (Shrimp Poor Boys are now on the list). I am happy to report that the fried shrimp was well worth the travel and cost.


And as you can see the drinks did not look to bad either!


;)
Cheers
The Professor

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cigar Infusion

Riding the Rails, Clickety Clack

The Key West Cocktail Challenge