WTF am I, Part II

So after a good nights rest we were both off on Sunday to visit our home towns. I spent Mother's Day with my folks and then on Monday I was off to CF. I checked into a motel and spent the afternoon drinking Bourbon in my room and the motel bar. I found I was out of Bourbon so I walked across the street to the liquor store and picked up a bottle of Cedar Ridge Whiskey.
 
I was meeting some friends in Old Chicago just up the parking lot and as I arrived early of course I had to order a drink. Old Chicago is a great spot to eat and drink and the only thing I can say is that if you have a Bourbon Menu make sure you have the Bourbon listed. I  had to go to my third choice of Maker's Mark.
 
 
It was great to see some old friends, talk about how we do not look a day older and how great we still are. Two of the friends are people of myth and legend. As I was waiting for them to arrive the bartender asked if I was from out of town and I told him I was waiting on two friends one of which was on the "Wall of Foam" He asked the name and I said Cindy to which he replied, "Pat and Cindy?' I guess you know  you are in the right place when the bartender knows the people you are meeting.
 
The next morning it was back to Des Moines to meet up with Central Patti. We went out walking the Sky Walk and stumbled across the Court Avenue Ale House.
 
 
I really liked the atmosphere of the Ale House, however I was a bit disappointed in their stout. I had all the characteristics of a stout, except the taste and at $5.50 a pint I expected a little more.
 
We arrived back at the motel just in time for Martini Hour.
 
 
 
The pictures we much better than the Martinis and the lackluster presentation of the bartender was disappointing once again.
 
All in all however we had a great four days roaming Iowa, met some great friends and had many, many cocktails.
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cigar Infusion

Riding the Rails, Clickety Clack

The Key West Cocktail Challenge