The Cocktail Challenge Part II

You may recall that a few weeks back I decided to do random cocktail challenges at some of the various bars and pubs I frequent.

For a refresher here is Part I

For Part II I was in the bar at McCormick & Schmick's on the Country Club Plaza here in K.C.


Just a side note, if you have not been to this bar it is a must visit as you sit under the dome you see in the above picture and the atmosphere is great.

For this challenge I choose an Old Fashion






Old Fashion's are making a come back due to no small part by Don Draper from the AMC TV Series Mad Men. The bartender that was on duty the night I was there was another of the young phenoms in the Kansas City bar business that are doing a great job with the classic cocktails.

I ordered mine with Templeton Rye and Alejandro was up to the challenge. I give his version of the Old Fashion a big thumbs up and highly recommend trying one the next time you are on the Plaza.

Old Fashion Recipe
2 oz Rye Whiskey
2 dashes Angostura® bitters
1 splash water
1 tsp sugar
1 maraschino cherry
1 orange wedge

Mix sugar, water and angostura bitters in an old-fashioned glass. Drop in a cherry and an orange wedge. Muddle into a paste using a muddler or the back end of a spoon. Pour in Rye, fill with ice cubes, and stir.

Cheers
The Professor


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cigar Infusion

Riding the Rails, Clickety Clack

The Key West Cocktail Challenge