Stocking A Bar With A Budget


The Line Up

This is not a new concept if you recall the post, Get More Bang for Your Whiskey Buck. I was running a little low on Scotch so I decided to apply the same theory as I was looking to restock my Scotch supply.

I wanted to resupply my rolling Scotch Stock for around a hundred dollars so here are my choices.

Glenfarclas 12 Year Old: Now I could have taken the hundred dollars and simply purchased one expensive bottle of Scotch, however I wanted to grab as many varieties as possible and still stay on my budget. I also wanted a good single-malt and for the money the Gelnfarclas 12 Year Old is hard to beat.

Price: $40.00 U.S.

Ballantines Finest: I discovered this Scotch thanks to some of the Usual Suspects (D. and D. G.) and was really surprised how good it was. If you take into consideration the price it is most excellent and as the add says, soft, sweet and complex and you can not ask more of a Scotch than that.

Price: $15.00 U.S.

Johnnie Walker Red: This should be a part of every bar as the price is modest, the taste is good and this mixes excellent with water or soda.

Price: $20.00 U.S.

Grants: Another Scotch that I was presented by some Usual Suspects (S. and S. M.) and this Scotch is very smooth and lots of caramel taste.

Price: $16.00 U.S.

Lismore Single Malt: Yet another selection that I learned about through a Usual Suspect (R.B.) and I love it as this is another Single Malt and a Speyside at that.

Price: $16.00 U.S.

Total Spent: $107.00 U.S.

I know I went over a little (normally I like to stop at $100.00), however for what I was able to buy I did not think being $7.00 over would make or break a budget.

Now I have several different varieties of Scotch good for sipping on with a good Cigar or have a Scotch and water or soda.

And while we are on the topic of Scotch for those of you who followed last weekends Blind Scotch Tasting event here at MySideOfTheBar, here is the outcome in descending order.

1. Glenfarclas 12 Year Old
2. Johnnie Walker Red
3. Grants
4. Ballantines
5. Lismore

I loved all, but this is the result when sampling blind. Reviews of these and other products can be found at

SmokesandBooze.com

Thanks to Central Patti for serving as the Scotch Hostess.

Cheers
The Professor

P.S.
Do not forget to check out the new MySideOfTheBar Daily for news and views from MySideOfTheBar.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding the Rails, Clickety Clack

Cigar Infusion

The Key West Cocktail Challenge