Iced Coffee

WTH?



I have had a love affair with Coffee since I first discovered it when I was a senior in high school. In the early days it was always instant Coffee and in hind sight it was not all that great. I did discover a few years ago when I was in Europe (the biggest consumers of instant Coffee in the world) that many improvements have been made in the instant world and it is not all that bad today.
If you are a regular follower of this blog you already know that I am kind of a Coffee Connoisseur these days, I pick out my favorite beans, grind them myself and enjoy great cups of pressed Coffee. I have even been known to roast my own beans, which can yield some great brew.
I have no less than five very good Coffee shops within a stone throw or a short walk from MySideOfTheBar including Scooters, which is the preferred Coffee House of MySideOfTheBar. I have even been enjoying my Coffee despite the extremely hot weather we have been having of late.
I was in Scooters a few weeks back and the guy next to me puts in an order for a quad shot espresso, with caramel, two packets of Splenda,  and not to hot. WTH? I am not even sure how the barista could even remember this order. I ordered a small decaf and while I was sitting down another customer ordered an butterscotch mocha, hocha, whapped frap, something or other but iced!
Ok, it is not the first time I had heard of Iced Coffee, but I had let my morning Coffee sit too long and get cold and took a sip by accident. Yuk! So the thought of cold Coffee has never interested me much.
So a few days later Central Patti and I decided to give it a try. I ordered a “Small Plain Iced Decaf Coffee” and Patti ordered one of the wopped, chopped caramel, frappe crape’s.

Well I will have to say, while I did not enjoy this iced brew anywhere near as much as my normal hot cup of Joe, I will say that there is a difference between Coffee  you let sit and get cold and a cup that is well iced.
Cheers
The Professor



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cigar Infusion

Riding the Rails, Clickety Clack

The Key West Cocktail Challenge