A Quote is Not Always a Quote


Sitting at MySideOfTheBar last week I was watching the movie Caddy Shack (one of my all  time favoriates) and I and the Usual Suspect next to me started to quote lines. Well that made me think of my all time favoriate lines about drinking from TV and Movies. So here they are:

10. "My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." --Bluto, Animal House

9. "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk.  That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. " --Ernest Hemingway

8. "Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth." --George Burns

7. I like to have a martini, Two at the very most, After three I'm under the table, after four I'm under my host. -- Dorthy Parker

6. One of my favorites, even though it is not direclty a quote about drinking it is from one of my favoriate books about drinking. "Dry Martini, a Gentleman Turns to Love" by John Thomas

Darling Willoughby:

By the time you recieve this you will undoubtedly have seen or heard form the young phenomenon who owes her existence to our regrettable cooperation.

5. "Remember folks, your not drunk if you can lie on the floor without hanging on." --Dean Martin

4. "The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." --Humphrey Bogart

3. A Bouquet of Four Roses -- Margret Houlihan M.A.S.H. Season 8 Episode 9 Mr. and Mrs. Who

2. "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning" -- Me and a host of drunks

1. "I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." --Frank Sinatra

So what is your favoriate?

Cheers
The Professor


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding the Rails, Clickety Clack

Cigar Infusion

The Key West Cocktail Challenge